Saturday, January 29, 2011

REVIEW: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

3 Floozies 

Twilight (Twilight, #1)


 Ok, so this is gonna be a little dry because it's been two years since I read Twilight and the subsequent books. Loved them then, not my cup of tea now. Twilight was the first book I read outside of required reading and I graduated high school 10 years ago. Needless to say, I never read for pleasure before Twilight. It will always have a special place in heart for beginning my introduction into reading for pleasure and even though I will not read the books again, I will keep them always!


Two years ago I could not get enough of Edward Cullen and Bella Swan. Typical teenage angst and bad boy boyfriend that teenagers go gaga for. And apparently older woman too. I watched the movie first and then just had to read to the book. Read all four in about 3 weeks, then it was no holds bar from there. I recently tried to go back and read New Moon (my least favorite of the series) and could not get into it. Bella wines, Edward mopes, Jacob covets, and the rest are just . . . there. I love the relationship between Bella and her father. After watching Eclipse I see how many would think Edward a control boyfriend, he is! All under the guise of for her own safety, but controlling none the less. Jacob needs a girlfriend, he needs to get between the sheets and do it doggy style! (I could not resist)


What I'm really trying to say with this post is that Twilight was a great introduction for me . I learned a lot of thing from these books that has proven true in later books. Thing like:


- I love werewolves. I always root for the warm blood beings


- I prefer adult themes and story lines to young-adult.


- I can not wait for the Breaking Dawn movies!! Books are always better than the movie, but man this is gonna be a doozy for this floozy!




Please stay tuned for future posts, they will be more informative and noteworthy. I just had to give props to Twilight, it was my first ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...