Monday, February 28, 2011

REVIEW: No Place to Run by Maya Banks

5 Floozies
GoodReads.com Blurb: The last person Sam Kelly expected to save was Sophie Lundgren. Once they shared a brief, intense affair while Sam was undercover and then she vanished. She's spent the last few months on the run, knowing that any mistake would cost her both her life and that of their unborn child. Now she's resurfaced with a warning for Sam: this time, he's the one in danger.

Ohh . . . smokin' older brothers gonna be a daddy!!  You didn't think of that when you failed to use a rain coat, Sam Kelly?  After reading The Darkest Hour that last person I thought would be a brand new poppa was Sam.  He is definitely the more aloof brother.  Not that he lost his aloofness, it was just knocked down a few pegs.  He is rightfully suspicious of Sophie after she explains her lineage, but one thing he does not dwell too much on is the truthfulness of her child's paternity and I am happy for that.  It would have hurt my heart to see Sophie have to convince him after all she went through just to protect herself and her baby.

And what a trooper is she?  I am heart broken about what happened to her mom, and how things evolved after her escape from her father.  She is strong and courageous, sometimes to a detriment.  But she prevails and her baby is nestled safely in her womb.  I was rooting for Sam and Sophie from the first pages of the book.  And boy, were they steamy.  Sexy from the start . . . my kinda book.  Oh, big brother knows how to heat up the sheets.  He is hot like fire!!

The suspenseful parts were in perfect harmony to the lovey-dovey parts.  The conflict of Sophie in the boat, then subsequently over board, was so intense I stayed up late just to make sure she was safe.  And when Sam realizes it's Sophie on his dock, talk about a rising action!  Ms. Banks is great at making you need to read Just One More chapter.  Like ending the chapter with Sophie hanging on to the log for dear life in the middle of the night!  Yeah, just one more chapter!!   And Rusty's growth was so touching.  I cried through that whole conflict.  I'm not even gonna give you guys a little hit, you have to read it!!  Rusty is my girl and I am happy she is on the road to her happily ever after!

I always look forward to Maya Bank's talent of creating such a wonderful connection between the hero and heroine.  She has a special ability of making their time together, whether knockin' boots and just getting to know each other, so intimate.  You almost feel like you are prying in on a private moment.  If there is one way I love to get lost in a book, it's to feel like I am apart of these people's lives while I am reading.  I want to be at their table for dinner and laugh with them at their jokes.  I read because I love getting involved in a story, and hunky operatives are a major bonus!  Maya Banks has delivered every time and No Place to Run is another winner.  Hidden Away comes out tomorrow and I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...