Thursday, February 24, 2011

REVIEW: Play Fling by Amber Scott

3 Floozies


GoodReads Blurb: Playing cupid isn't a reward; it's Millie's punishment. If she doesn't find repressed, divorcee, Brooke, true love in the next thirty days, Millie'll lose the one thing in this life sentence worth fighting for, her partner. Just two problems: First, Millie sucks at matchmaking. Second, too young, too hot, Elliott keeps getting in Millie's way.

(This book was recommend by Best Seller for a Day.  It was part of a Valentines Day special along with two other books.)

This plot is so sweet.  I was happy to see Brooke set her sight on a younger man.  It gives me hope in case my husband trades me in for a newer model.  And Elliott is head over for her too.  When Amber Scott was on, she was ON!!  It was sporadic, though.  Sometimes it was like pulling teeth to get to the next page and then I'd be so engaged I lost track of time.  I loved the character descriptions.  You got a sense of who and what they were.  Loved the interaction between Brooke and Elliot.  When they got together I could actually see sparks fly on my Kindle.  The comedy was genius, new spin on old stuff, I throughly enjoyed it.  I really like Elliot.  I wanted to be his friend.  He's a good guy with a good heart, and he truly overlooks Brooke main insecurity, her age.  I can hear Aaliyah sing now, 'Age ain't nothin' but a number.'  True True!

I did NOT enjoy Millie.  I wanted her to take a long walk off a short pier.  She drove me crazy with the I-know-better-than-you shtick.  I tend to lean more towards free will, as opposed to the fate, so I was not surprised by my reaction.  Millie took her job way to seriously.  I hope she puts her big girl panties on an makes a play for AJ, cause she seriously needs to get laid.

Overall, the book was unnecessarily long with too many tangents, but it all came together well at the end.  The characters were great, the interactions wer awesome, and the comedy was fabulous!  For the cost it was a good read.  I will read more from Amber Scott, I hear her paranormal is really good. I got Love Lust from the Best Seller for a Day special and it's high on my TBR list!

1 comment:

  1. New Kindle cover!! And series name "Stupid Cupid"

    Also I won the contest and got some Amazon bucks, YA!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...