Tuesday, July 5, 2011

REVIEW: Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean

Love by Numbers #1
5 Floozies



GoodReads Blurb
A lady does not smoke cheroot. She does not ride astride. She does not fence or attend duels. She does not fire a pistol, and she never gambles at a gentlemen's club. 

Lady Calpurnia Hartwell has always followed the rules, rules that have left her unmarried - and more than a little unsatisfied. And so she's vowed to break the rules and live the life of pleasure she's been missing. 

But to dance every dance, to steal a midnight kiss - to do those things, Callie will need a willing partner. Someone who knows everything about rule-breaking. Someone like Gabriel St. John, the Marquess of Ralston - charming and devastatingly handsome, his wicked reputation matched only by his sinful smile. 

If she's not careful, she'll break the most important rule of all - the one that says that pleasure-seekers should never fall hopelessly, desperately in love..
---

Amazing!! Such a wonderful historical romance from a relatively new author, Sarah MacLean is on my watch list and I will promptly read the remaining books of the Love by Numbers series!  I loved the characters, the plot, and the fabulous set-up to the subsequent books.  Can not wait to read more!!

I will not venture a complete review because this book is a must read.  I will however confirm the countless praises of Nine Rules.  Calpurnia is the heroine all romance writers aspire to create!  A "shelved", plump, spinster with an amazing heart and a feminism I would hope to have if I were part of historical London society.  Fed up with the double standards and pedestals she sets forth on a mission to have the adventures men experience everyday, changing her live and reforming a rake in the process!  Hang 'em all!

My love for a book is bone deep when I wish I could be friends with the characters and I know Callie and I could have a blast!

Lovable heroine
Sincere, heartfelt, and cheeky dialogue
Hunk of a hero transformed from rake to life time partner
Fabulous supporting cast and
A spectacular series set-up

MUST READ NOW book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...