Tuesday, November 15, 2011

REVIEW: Lord of the Wolfyn by Jessica Andersen


Lord of the Wolfyn (Royal House of Shadows #3) by Jessica Andersen
3 Floozies


Finished this a couple weeks ago and can't find my notes so please bear with me . . .

Yup, I was right! Red Riding Hood infused, fun but my least favorite of the Royal House of Shadows Series. I never GOT the characters. They had the chemistry required of all romance H/h (and why is heroine the little 'h'? Like Ds, are heroine's subservient?) . . . I digress . . .they had the chemistry needed but it did not go too far beyond that. This is the first book I've read by Jessica Andersen and I like her writing immensely. She has a "current" style that is easy and enjoyable to read. I just wasn't diggin' the characters. I never got why Dayn mind manipulating Reda was so bad, ya definitely worth a what for, but not all that went down. I like to put myself in the time and place of the stories I read and try to see the situation at hand and I had a hard time imagining the means and the ends of this installment. Well, needless to say, HEA was accomplished and Dayn and Reda set forth to conquer the Blood Sorcerer. A medium sized pothole on the road to reclaiming Elden, worth traversing just mind your under carriage :D

As this series is accumulative, I can only imagine this book is a must read for background when reading Lord of the Abyss, and although not terrible and certainly entertaining, it lacks the mysterious element required for me to LOVE a book, just keep that in mind.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...