Friday, July 6, 2012

REVIEW: Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades #1) by E.L. James


Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades #1) by E.L. James
4 Floozies




WOW, this is what the hype is all about!  First and foremost Fifty Shades of Grey was not the most erotic, nor well written, book I've read.  At the end all I could think is "This is what gets suburban wives all hot and bothered?  Boy, do I have library worth of books for you to drool over!"  But it was a lot of fun!  A different spin on an overdone story.

I continuously got a Pretty Woman vibe . . . high rise rendezvous, waking up to a mouth watering man who deals with mergers and acquisitions while you pick and chose from a conference table full of delicacies.  Granted, Ana is not a prostitute and Grey is the one with red hair, I could not help but see some parallels.  It worked for me since that is one of my most favorite movies.

Ok, the book was really good but spectacular if your focus is Christian Gray!  He was so dark and stormy, like a ogre/onion, layer after layer after layer!  I spent the entire book wanting to know why he was the way he was and I never really found out the whole story.  It was like half a pie . . . half a pie is better than no pie but a whole pie is beyond words.  And he was so alpha but with such an complicated soul.  Oh, I could eat him up with a spoon.  I was right on board with Ana wanting to figure him out!

Ana bugged me a little.  I get that she was naive/green/wet behind the ears but she seemed a little too unsure.  I felt like she kept waiting for someone else to make her mind up for her.  Having finished the book I see how her pussyfooting helped her "snare" the hottest thing since a toaster, but it still irked a little.

Then we're left with this cliffhanger and I could curse EL James a blue streak for leaving it at a sobbing immature girl.  Ugh, guess I have to wait until my library hold comes through for Darker!

I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a deep, complicated romance.  Someone who does not mind waiting for the HEA and is unsure if they will enjoy BDSM.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...