Wednesday, March 9, 2011

REVIEW: Hidden Away by Maya Banks

4 Floozies

GoodReads.com Blurb: Most people would take an all-expense=paid trip to the beach in a heartbeat. Garrett Kelly only accepts to keep tabs on Sarah Daniels, who's in hiding after witnessing a murder committed by her half brother-a personal enemy of KGI. But Garrett hadn't planned on falling for Sarah. When he glimpses her dark past, he feels an urgent desire to keep her safe-even as she disappears, running for her life.


I was so jazzed for this book.  Garrett is my favorite brother and he is so scrum-dilli-umpcious!  I enjoyed the plot twists, like how the heroine is Garrett's enemy's sister, and how not only does Garrett have to worry about her brother but a monster who wants her dead.  What turmoil!  And Sarah . . . Again, Maya Banks paints her characters in such vivid detail I had a hard time not rooting for them!  Garrett, goes on his undercover, nab the bad guy, mission only to find sweet, smart, strong Sarah.  I enjoyed the non-sexual interactions between Garrett and Sarah so much, another Bank's gift.  Sarah falls for this retired, injured, Marine and in an attempt to save him, cut's bait and takes off.  All the while Garrett is distressed because he's falling for too and he's supposed to be keeping an eye on her and she got the drop on him.  And WOW, what a turn of events when he starts respecting Marcus' actions after Sarah's ordeal.
dun dun dun . . .


Lots to love about this book!  But it fell a Floozy short for me because of a couple, not super important but worthy, reasons.  1) There seemed to be a lot of tangents.  Like, that Garrett's story was not strong enough on it's own so let's throw in a ransom kidnapping and a scary intruder.  All the tangents are interweaved beautifully, thank you Ms. Banks, but it just seemed too much.  2)  No heavy petting!!  I get that Sarah had to get herself straight before she could venture into bonking, but at least some heaving petting to get us fiends by till the fireworks!  Anyway, when the fireworks did fly it was the Grand Finale part of the show :D
Are pickin' up what I'm puttin' down?


I liked that Rusty and the brothers had their moment and I loved how Sean stepped up for her, and I still think they are going have their HEA later :D  I CAN NOT wait for her book.  I really wanna read Rio's book too, what a latin lover, yummy!! But the MOST suckiest thing is next book won't be out until later this year! And Donovan!  What a hunky, geeky, teddy bear!!


So, overall, I loved the book but it was not as cohesive as The Darkest Hour and No Place to Run.  I did not feel the connection with Garrett and Sarah, as a couple, as I did the other brothers.  Garrett is still my favorite brother, but my son's name is Joe and Joe Kelly is hurt and I wanna kiss his hurt parts, it's the mother in me ;D   Again, Rusty is awesome and I am patiently waiting for her HEA(to Sean)!!  The one thing this book did accomplish is it's making me salivate for the next installment.  There were some many "OMG! I can't wait to read about that!" moments.  A whole year?!?  Really, Maya?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...