Monday, November 21, 2011

REVIEW: Lord of the Abyss by Nalini Singh


Lord of the Abyss (Royal House of Shadows #4) by Nalini Singh
4 Floozies


This book is the fourth and final book in the Royal House of Shadows series.  Each book follows the surviving children of the murdered king and queen of Elden as they make their way back home to defeat their parents murder and Elden's current ruler, the Blood Sorcerer.  Micah, the lord of the abyss, or hell as I compared it too, is the final sibling to make his way across the dimensions.  He is helped by princess Liliana, who just happens to be the Blood Sorcerer's daughter.  Yeah, that made for an interesting revelation.

Although I liked this book, some of the concepts did not come together as I expected.  For one, I thought there would be some hugs and kisses from the siblings before the epic battle, but it was just "Lili's dying, help me Nic, oh BTW, nice to see you after 20 years".  Also, the epic battle was not as epic as anticipated.  For as powerful as the Blood sorcerer was portrayed his killing was pretty ordinary.  And one thing that really got me was that Lili turned pretty!  Why do all heroines NEED to be pretty?  Couldn't she have keep her schnoz? Or her gimp?  I get she was spelled to keep her feeling defeated but couldn't she have kept something?

For all that, the rest of the book was spectacular!  I loved the interaction between Micah and Lili.  His blind love for her was very inspiring and her dedication to him and to freeing Elden was good too!  I loved Jissa and her infatuation with Bard, how sweet, a mini romance!  The fantasy-like creatures were well created by Ms. Singh.  And the overall plot and story line was easy to follow and fun!!  The back stories Lili revealed about how her dad treated her broke my heat, that poor sweet little girl.  So happy to see she got a HEA!

This series is fun, fantastical, and the slight similarities to fairytales were an added bonus!  I'm giving this book 4 floozies and the entire series a must-read recommendation to my fellow pararomance lovers!



This book was provided by NetGalley.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...